Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions? Find your answer. If you can’t find it here get in contact with us!
- Are Fire Creek tiles durable? Yes! We craft every tile from stoneware clay and fire to a high temperature for beauty and durability. Install our tiles indoors or out!
- Will the glaze withstand wear? Tile is very functional, but different glazes do fit better for different purposes. Fire Creek uses both gloss and matte glazes and they are suitable for both backsplashes and fireplace surrounds but not recommended for floor tiles.
- How do I know if I will like the color of the glaze? We want to make sure that you will be completely happy with your purchase! We recommend that you order samples before making a big purchase. Though we do our best to represent the true color of each glaze we offer, it can be difficult to capture the subtleties of each glaze on camera. Also, be aware that depending on the design of the tile, the glaze can vary even from the sample tile due to the way the glaze breaks over the detail of the tile. You are welcome to order 2″ sample tiles from the shop. The first three samples are free.
- How do I order tiles for my project? We hand craft every tile just for you, so please allow 4-6 weeks delivery. If you are looking to make a large or special order, please get in touch with Fire Creek! To order both field tiles and accent tiles for a large project, Fire Creek will need the dimensions of your project. We highly recommend that you order 10% more of what you actually need for your project. Please make sure to order a sample pack to ensure that the glaze will work for what you are planning. Installation of the tiles is deemed acceptance of the product. Timing on order delivery can change depending on how many orders are being processed at the time. We can give you a more accurate time frame before the purchase. If you are looking for an accent piece, check out the shop. Need it in another color? Just ask!
- What if I don’t see what I am looking for? Fire Creek always welcomes custom tiles. We would be happy to work with you to get you the tile of your dreams!
- What can I expect to pay for a large order? Fire Creek can provide hand cut field tile for your project to compliment your accent tiles. Fire Creek field tiles are $35 per sqft.
- What if I am only looking to purchase a single tile or a smaller amount of tile? If you are looking for an accent piece, the shop is a great place to start looking for that one of a kind accent piece. Do you need it in another color, give me a call or send me a message through the contact page.
- How do I pay for my purchase? It is easy to pay for your purchase through our shop! Fire Creek Clay accepts PayPal and credit cards on the website. If you live in the local area, Fire Creek Clay is happy to take cash or check upon delivery.
- How will my tile arrive? At Fire Creek, we pack our tiles carefully. We ship using Priority Mail via USPS. If you live locally, we can arrange for you to pick up your order at the studio.
- What do I do after I receive my order? We recommend using an installer that is familiar with working with handmade tiles but handmade tiles can be installed by you. Since each tile is made by hand, there will be slight variances in size, shape and color of the glaze, which makes handmade tile unique and beautiful. Please layout and inspect each tile prior to installation.